Technology is part of our society and it keeps growing more rapidly every day. Hanging out with my nephew this past week I realized that a 13 year old is much more aware of different applications on phones and I-pads then I am. However, what they are not aware of is that 59% of these applications collect personal data and only 11% tell you so. Additionally, there are many applications that are FREE, yet 84% of these applications allow you to play with real money once downloaded. Kids don’t realize what they click might have a financial burden on you as the parent. Therefore, as parents or in my cause as an aunt, we need to take steps and do the following:
· Talk to our kids about the rules of downloading any applications
· Read the description before you let your child download anything
· Read all reviews about the application and see if anything stands out about extra fees
· Look at the screenshots of the application
· Follow the link to read about the developer
· Last resort; turn off the Wi-Fi and data service
If you owe, you need to know! For more information on credit related questions, you can find us on the web at www.getcredithealthy.com, email us at email@example.com or call us at 877-850-3444 and select option 1.
At Get Credit Healthy, we make it easy.